Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Daytona Beach Yellow Jacket Nest Removal with Queen and Eggs!

Got lucky on this photo. I had just removed a Southern Yellow Jacket (Vespula squamosa), from an apartment hedge, and was taking some pics. The Queen was positioned on the outside of the nest material, and just above her are 2 eggs freshly laid in cells!  I shot this with my Iphone camera, using available light.


Rarely can I see Yellowjacket eggs laid in the cells. And to get this with my Iphone, well, just wow!!

Anyway, this nest was threatening Apartment residents, so we were called to remove it properly, meaning we minimize the flight activity of these very defensive wasps, during and after our treatment and removals.

Remember, all it takes is ONE sting to cause a fatality. Bee Safe, contact ALLFloridaBeeRemoval.com at 800-343-5317.

Richard Martyniak, M.Sc., Entomologist

No comments:

Post a Comment